The EMS ROADDOCS INSTRUCTORS AGREE-
• Provide the quality training needed to help you carry out your responsibilities to prepare
for, conduct, report on and evaluate AHA and AAOS courses.
• Provide, when applicable and in good condition, the appropriate materials, supplies and
equipment needed to meet the requirements of each course you teach.
• Provide timely course and instructor updates and, when required, updates on skills.
• Establish and explain all national and local policies, regulations and procedures that
relate to your responsibilities, including the American Heart Association of Conduct that is
included in this document.
• Provide effective, timely support and guidance.
• Evaluate your teaching performance.
As an EMS ROADDOC instructor,
I agree to-
• Follow all the current policies, regulations and procedures of the American Red Cross
related to the conduct and administration of AHA and AAOS courses.
• Accept evaluation of my instructor responsibilities by the American Red Cross.
• Recognize that the completion of an appropriate instructor training course is only a
prerequisite of authorization as an EMS ROADDOC instructor and that the
authorization to teach is granted only by receiving an instructor authorization issued by
the appropriate AHA, AAOS and ASMI.
• Teach only those courses I am authorized to teach, and only within those jurisdictions in
which I am authorized, as scheduled in coordination with the appropriate EMS ROADOCS.
• Follow through on all classes assigned to me, including teaching the complete curriculum
for each AHA, module or component, completing required records
in a timely and accurate manner and providing appropriate AHA and AAOS
certificates or other recognition to participants. When applicable, I also agree to
promptly remit all fees as specified by the Authorized Provider Agreement.
• Recognize that AHA and AAOS materials are copy-righted and may be reproduced
only with the permission of the American Red Cross at national headquarters.
• Identify myself as an EMS ROADDOC authorized instructor and the course materials
as those of the AHA, AAOS and ASMI.
• Recognize that this Agreement remains in effect as long as my authorization is
maintained with the American Red Cross.
All EMS ROADDOC Authorized Instructors agree to comply with the AHA, AAOS and ASMI
Code of Conduct. Instructors who perform under an Authorized Provider Agreement agree to
comply with the spirit of this Code of Conduct.
No volunteer or paid staff member shall:
1. Authorize the use of or use for the benefit or advantage of any person, the name, emblem,
endorsement, services, or property of the EMS ROADDOCS, except in conformance with
AHA and AAOS policy;
2. Accept or seek on behalf of himself or any other person, any financial advantage or gain of
other than nominal value offered as a result of the volunteer or paid staff member’s AHA affiliation;
3. Publicly utilize any AHA and AAOS affiliation in connection with the promotion of
partisan politics, religious matters, or positions on any issue not in conformity with the
position of the American Red Cross;
4. Disclose any confidential American Red Cross information that is available solely as a result
of the volunteer or paid staff member’s affiliation with the American Red Cross to any
person not authorized to receive such information or use to the disadvantage of the American
Red Cross any such confidential information, without the express authorization of the
American Red Cross;
5. Knowingly take any action or make any statement intended to influence the conduct of the
American Red Cross in such a way as to confer any financial benefit on such person or on
any corporation or entity in which the individual has a significant interest or affiliation; or
6. Operate in any manner that is contrary to the best interest of the American Red Cross.
In the event that an Instructor’s obligation to operate in the best interests of the American Red
Cross conflicts with the interests of any organization in which he or she has a financial interest or
with which he or she is affiliated, the Instructor shall disclose such conflict to the American Red
Cross as soon as he or she becomes aware of it.